Last updated: April 29, 2014
Types of Information about Users Gathered by Thank You Teacher
The information we gather about users of this Site enables us to provide you with the services you seek and helps us to personalize and continually improve our service to you. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you complete the forms on this Site; set up a Thank You Teacher account; submit an inquiry or provide feedback; nominate a teacher or coach for recognition; or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, or password. Some of the information we ask you to provide us is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Information on Facebook®: If you link through to or otherwise interact with our Thank You Teacher’s Facebook site, you also provide us with information.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our service providers.
How Thank You Teacher Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell that information to others, but we may share user information with others in the following ways:
- With Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We have agreements with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (“Third Party Service Providers”), such as providing marketing assistance, operating or hosting our Site, and analyzing data with Google Analytics. We may share your personally identifiable information with these parties so that they can provide the services that we have contracted with them to provide. We encourage these Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies; however, the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
- With Other Users or Potential Users: If you comment in a public area on our Site, any personally identifiable information that you post will be shared with other Users.
Security of Your Information
When Thank You Teacher collects and stores your personally identifiable information, as outlined above, we use tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect that information against unauthorized access and disclosure. When you provide us with personally identifiable information, however, you acknowledge that, even with industry standard security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer and to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We may provide you with opportunities to nominate a teacher or coach for recognition through the Site (“Nomination”). This Nomination may become available for others to read, collect, or use. We have no control over who reads, collects, or uses your Nomination if we decide to recognize the teacher or coach you nominate. You agree not to post content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties. If you submit a Nomination, you grant Thank You Teacher a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, or distribute such Nomination and to use your name in conjunction with the Nomination alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed.
Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on Thank You Teacher:
- If you have established a Thank You Teacher account, you may change your password.
- If you no longer want to use the Site, you may cancel your Thank You Teacher account by contacting us through the contact form on the Site or at email@example.com. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our services unless you begin using our services again.
- If you are a teacher or coach, were nominated by a parent through the Site, and are recognized on the Site, you may ask Thank You Teacher to remove the recognition by contacting us through the contact form on the Site or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove your recognition from the active Site, although archived pages of the Site might still contain the recognition.
Children’s Privacy Issues
Minors under the age of 13 may not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 18 may use the Site only with the consent and involvement of a parent or legal guardian. Anyone using the Site represents that he or she is 18 years of age or older or, if he or she is at least 13 but less than 18 years of age, that he or she has the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to interact with the Site. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from someone under the age of 13, or under the age of 18 without parent or legal guardian consent, please inform us immediately.